Just finished this banner ad for an optician’s eyecare business. The photo is stock but the rest is original illustration. I can usually create these within a day or 2 of receiving the assignment. Costs vary but they usually run around $150-$200 for original artwork.
These rotators are updated on a regular basis to keep the content fresh for the retail customers visiting the site. While each rotator promotes a different product, the web banner layout elements are kept the same to maintain consistency. Fonts, color and image proportions are all checked against a graphic design template I created for the site’s rotator format. The bottom right is left open to allow the buttons to show through the image window. I’d rave about how cool these bags are but then I’d have to put a disclaimer in here about being a part owner of brightandbold.com. Ok, I own part of the company, but these really are great bags. My original Envirosax set from at least 5 years ago doesn’t show any signs of wear. Hardware store, groceries, etc., they hold up well. I only carry a couple with me but the set of 5 comes with a neat little pouch for easy storage. The new Omnisax reusable bag in the rotators is the same product with new graphics.
The group product shot was for BrightandBold.com. The product line is made from a unique copper alloy created from disarmed and recycled nuclear weapon systems. Bottle openers and jewelry make up this group shot. One of the more unique freelance web product photos I’ve done. The company deems the products are safe to handle but it was still a little odd to handle items that were once a part of a nuclear weapon.
These architectural photos were shot for a construction company’s portfolio. Most times I would avoid a noon hour shoot but this one worked out well. The design’s long lines reminded me of some of the buildings from the early to mid 20th century. The northern exposure provided some nice shadow areas for contrast. The landscaping provided a nice compliment to the building’s front entrance.
I shot this architecture photo a couple times. The landscaping was in process during the first two visits so I ended up retouching the image a little to help it along. The grass was partially finished so I cloned some of it into place being sure to provide a compressed and softer look as the grass moved out of the focus area. The flags were at halfmast so I needed to bring them up for the client’s final photo. On the final visit for this shot, the landscaping had wooden stakes with bright orange ribbons to keep pedestrians off the new grass. Great for the grass – bad for the photographer… These were shot on the weekends to avoid any parked cars or people around the entrance. While this shot had the dramatic wide angle look, I also provided a couple with a normal look. The street lights were a little tricky to shoot around so I provided a couple options.
The internal anatomy was rendered from scratch and imported into Zaxwerks Proanimator 3d. The external effects were rendered in After Effects and exported to an HD movie for the final output. While I had to keep this basic for budget reasons, as a medical animator, attention to detail is extremely important. I kept the nerves and arteries fairly simple so they didn’t take away from the procedure area. I also made the ligaments and the muscles one basic piece to keep the animation to a minimum. I kept some of the textures to a minimum. The smoother finish has a little friendlier look for a potential patient.